How To Schedule Native Twitter Videos
You can now publish native Twitter videos! Instead of tweetingÂ a YouTube link, you can now upload a video directly to Twitter and have it play automatically.Â
If you’re like most organizations and are using a third party tool, you may be limited to uploading imagesÂ only. Many third partyÂ tools like Social Studio, Sprout Social, and Hootsuite don’t support video uploads for Twitter. This limitation can be annoying, especially to highlyÂ efficient social media managers who want to re-purpose content like videos,Â because you have no choice but toÂ upload the video on the day of.
Here’s a trick to schedule your video in advance using an unsupportive third party tool:
- This trick requires that you have already tweeted the video in the past. If not, publish it now.
- Find the video in your timeline and click on the date to open the tweet in the window:
- Right click the page and select View Page Source:
- You will see a lot of code. Do a CTRL + F for “amp.”
- Find the one that begins with https:// and copy that URL. For Common Sense Media’s video, the URL isÂ https://amp.twimg.com/v/5b340b75-3545-418f-878d-952ee6975c84. You can double check you have the right link by opening it inÂ your browser window. It should be the video you want to schedule:
- In your third party tool, draft the tweet you want to schedule in advance. At the end of your tweet, paste the URL.
- Schedule it!Â When your tweet is published, the video will publish with it: